RE: Stearing Antennas

I am also interested in this and have started some rudimentary designs on
paper.
I was planning on using  a optical interface device for the control feedback
- probably just tear apart a mouse and use the IR rx/tx circuits hooked up
to COM port..  as for the mechanics of rotation - If you build it yourself -
you have the opportunity to make it as big or as small as you like, so It
probably depends on what kind of antennas you want to steer, where you want
to mount it etc.
Like micahel, Id love to hear from anyone who has DIYed an Az El rotator.
David Merrett
dmerrett@baea.com.au
VK5 DSM