Re: Distance V-UHF sats antennas

on 5/15/00 2:05 PM, Raul Gomez Fernandez at raul.gomez@teleline.es wrote:

> I'm setting up a new satellite station. I've just bought a 9+9 VHF and a
> 19+19 UHF antennas, and I'm going to put then in an isolated boom across
> the elevation rotor. And.... what is the recomended distance I have to
> separate then?
> I know if they are too close will cause interfering each other, but I
> don`t want to put then too far.
>
> Many thanks in advance.

Congrats on the antennas.  You want them as far apart as possible.  However,
neither antenna is resonant at the other antenna's frequency so that helps.
I think my KLM manual said that for the 2 meter antenna that nothing should
be closer than 48" which is roughly 1.5 meters or so.  I think that if you
are farther than a half wavelength away you should be fine.

73,

Jon
NA9D

Jon Ogden