Sunspot??

Today from EL88 at the Dunedin Marina, Dunedin Florida, I watched one of the
most exquisite sunsets I've have witnessed in some time. Facing west, when
the sun reached the top of the trees on Caladesi Island State Park across
the intercoastal waterway, you could look directly at the sun without having
to squint your eyes. I notices a black spot on the surface of the sun. At
first I thought it was maybe a cloud or plane passing by. But the spot only
moved with the sun setting. If you were to thing of the sun as a clock, the
position would have been around 11 o'clock and near the edge, from this
location.

I believe this could have been a sunspot. It stayed in the same location on
the sun surface till the sun set behind the trees. The sun was too bright to
view it at any other time. I guess what I'm asking is it possible to have
seen a sunspot with the naked eye? Most of the propagation reports last week
said the sun was devoid of spots. Did anyone else notice this mark on the
sun, May 14, 2000?  N4Zq