Tonight's UO-14 Pass

I now understand the frustration felt by those that operate the FM birds
QRP.  I tried to work UO-14 tonight - I learned a lot:

1.  My HT does not operate full-duplex (i.e. I cannot hear my downlink when
I transmit)
2.  Working an FM satellite at night with an HT is nigh on impossible.
3.  I'll try this again during a daytime pass.
4.  Need to try this with the Arrow antenna.

Sorry if I caused some QRM on the pass, that was not my intention.  I just
wanted to try out my new whip and battery I bought for my HT.  I *did* hear
at least two different mobile stations calling on the bird.

I would like to know if *anyone* heard my measly 16W EiRP tonight on UO-14.
I'd be interested in that anyway.

I'll now *definitely* be on the lookout for QRP stations when I operate from
my base station.

Tnx es 73,

Joel B. Black, K2SAT
AMSAT..........32589
AMSAT Local Area Coordinator
k2sat@amsat.org
http://www.mindspring.com/~jbblack
AO-10, AO-27, FO-20, FO-29, SO-35, UO-14
KO-25, TO-31, UO-22, UO-36