Old Modem for UO-11?

Hi all-

I've tried various schemes to decode UO-11 text and failed, but I recall
a note from Clive Wallis that said if you found an old 1200 baud modem
that was Bell 2 - something compatible it would work.

This week I got an old ProModem 1200 with docs, and it says it can be
Bell 103 or 212A compatible. Am I on the right track? (I lost Clive's
e-mail address)

Thanx and 73,
Doug
AB8CJ