RE: Visible Sats

Some may be just visible, but they are at the limits of the naked eye.  For
example, SO-35 typically has a magnitude around 6.8, which is around the
limit of the unaided eye (if you could see it, it would be the faintest
star).  Mir and ISS, by contrast are somewhere around magnitude 0 or even -1
, if I recall (and as many people know, are very easy to spot).

A good site for visual satellite spotting information is
http://www.heavens-above.com Have your latitude and longitude ready. :-)

Tony Langdon.
Systems Development and Support.