Re: FT-736R 9600 baud mod

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: SSneidar@aol.com <SSneidar@aol.com>
Datum: Freitag, 5. Mai 2000 03:06
Betreff: [amsat-bb] FT-736R 9600 baud mod

 >... site where I can download instructions
 > for the subject modification?

http://symek.com/sat/ft736.htm (Demodulator for 38400 Baud FT736)
http://symek.com/sat/zfd.htm   (455 kHz 9600/19200 Baud Demodulator)

The discriminator / fm-demodulator of FT736 is quite narrow and
we found frequent problems to decode 9600 Baud. So we have built
a simple separate IF amplifier / demodulator, which is capable to
decode up to 19200 Baud with very good linearity. Because of the
relative wide bandwidth, the IFD is not sensitive against some
error in frequency (drift, doppler). The 1.5x1.5 inch board 'ZFD'
is widely used in Germany with best results for 9600 Baud FT736
operation.

For much higher baudrates, the IFD demodulator for FT736 can be
used to receive data with 38400 and 76800 Baud (153kBaud optional).

The documentation how to install the 9600 Baud ZFD board into
FT736 and how to modify the transmitter (modulator) is available
as Winword file (650 kByte).

73! Ulf, DK9SJ