Re: 1269 signal source?

Gang

I'm getting several folks ask about the signal source. Its on the Amsat-UK
"Services to Members" list <http://www.uk.amsat.org/members/services.htm>
and is the last entry in the list before the order form. I understand we
have a stock of six at this time.

It comprises a small pcb, 64 x 40 mm (about 2-1/2 x 1-1/2 inches), a
special PIN diode and other "hard to get" components; you get the other
parts from junk box or a component dealer (including the crystal, which
is 96.000 MHz for 2400.0 MHz output). Instructions are included.

A comb generator just generates an output rich in harmonics; the 13th
harmonic of a 96 MHz xtal comes out at 1248 MHz but if you want 1269 then
you'd go for a 97.615384 MHz rock.

It was described in our publication "Oscar News" April 1995 (and an update
in February 1996); a reprint of these articles comes with the kit.

Price: UK pounds 12.50 to members of Amsat-UK *in* the UK. Non-members add
20%, add another 20% for overseas airmail. One pound is about $1.56

I used mine to line up my Drake converter.

73
Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
g3rwl@amsat.org
FOC # 1188