Re: Help with WinOrbit

----- Original Message -----
From: Sam Burnes <sburnes@bitstreet.com>
To: AMSAT-BB <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2000 1:23 PM
Subject: [amsat-bb] Help with WinOrbit

> When I boot WinOrbit, I get two messages that it does not have the
> current attitude (altitude?) for AO-10.
>
> I thought I would just edit the elements from the AMSAT, but when I
> looked at both formats, neither altitude nor attitude were a part of
the
> set.
>
> What do I need to do.
>
> I put the current elements in the WinOrbit/Keps folder, and I think it
> files/resets itself, but there is still a problem with AO-10.
>
> Thanks,
>
> 73 from Sam, KA5QYU

 Hi Sam,

I had the same problem previously.

The files that contain the "attitude info" are old, so get flagged with
this message.   The fix is listed under
 "Help"
then "Troubleshooting"
then "Error messages"

...where you will find this:

Q: "Attitude Information Outdated for xxxx" error message appears
whenever the program starts.
A: If you have a .ATT file for a satellite (such as AO-13), there will
be an "expiration date" in the file.  This is because such satellites
have frequent attitude changes from ground control.  The message warns
you to update the file.  If you don't care about solar illumination,
squint angle, or rf pattern loss, you can ignore the message, or delete
the file.

I simply deleted the file....no more popup message at startup.

Good luck, have a great time(I do).   If you have further problems,
drop me a line.

Steve Bienvenu  W5ZA

Shreveport, La.