Re: HS Students Needing Payload Help

On Sat, 29 Apr 2000, Michael McCarty wrote:

> Due to my involvement with high power rocketry, I was contacted
> by a group of high school students in Washington state that are planning
> on doing a rockoon launch in August.    at p_alpha@moonman.com .
>
>  >>The 55 mile minimum range is Line of Sight range
>  >>The weight for the payload has been doubled from  350 grams to 700g

Can be done with the Mic-Lite and a Keychain transmitter.  Total weight
about 100g including battery (not counting GPS and battery for GPS).

See http://www.toad.net/~wclement/mim2.htm

MIM/Mic-Lite will give you 5 analog channels and 8 on/off status bits and
will accept GPS serial stream to encode into APRS position reporting...

de WB4APR, Bob