HS Students Needing Payload Help

Due to my involvement with high power rocketry, I was contacted
by a group of high school students in Washington state that are planning
on doing a rockoon launch in August.  They are still working on the
details for telemetry equipment to do an APRS downlink.  They have
the recieve equipment and from what I gather a little help from a local
ham, but still need advice on the payload, especially with the transmitter.
I'm sure there are people on the Amsat list with more experience than
I have at this.  If anybody would like to lend them a hand, please contact
them at p_alpha@moonman.com .

Here's a little of the conversation I've had with them to give you an idea
of what they are looking for: