linux ax-25 kernel?

I recently recompiled my kernel in linux and added ax25 support.  When I
boot this kernel i get a whole list of paths after the it says "finding
module dependancies" the error messages at the end of the paths says
unresolved link(s) ...I looked through all the literature and could not find
an explanation for this.  I tried to load a module with insmod (plip.o for
example) and got similar messages...
I need help...

Thanks ahead of time and 73's de KQ6UP...