Train Mobile SO-35 from Sydney, Australia Unsuccessful

Made an attempt at train mobile SO-35 operation on the evening of Friday
April 28 from the inner south-western suburbs of Sydney.

No signal was heard from the satellite, so no contacts were made.  The lack
of signal is surprising.  Ialso haven't been able to contact the

There is only one SO-35 window left, which is on Sunday April 30.  However,
I am unlikely to be active, due to an invitation I received this morning,
which will likely occupy me for that evening.  Tonight's pass (Sat 29) is
too low elevation for any real chance of success, and may not even be
workable at all here in central Sydney with portable transceivers (the high
ambient noise level and extremely strong pager transmissions just above 148
MHz make 2m work in the cities here very difficult).

There will always be a next time, which should be in several months time
when I'm up here again for work.  Stay tuned for more details.

Tony Langdon.
Systems Development and Support.