movie frequency

well, i am done for now and tired. went to the preview of frequency at the
request of their advertising agent and mahana (w5bts) and myself setup
some hf equipment and some vhf equipment as well as a laptop tracking the
mir.

we were right outside the door to the theatre showing the movie so when
people were lining up to enter, they got to see all the equipment. did not have
much activity, very few questions. then i stayed outside the door with the
radios and people passing by for other movies asked questions. mahana
wanted to see the movie again.

when the movie was over, we got swamped. people that were not hams knew
the story line involved ham radio but the general public didn't really know.
afterwards, they were asking all kinds of questions and we gave out a bunch
of literature on becomming a ham.

pics and story at http://www.amsatnet.com/freq.html

so those of you that will be setting up at theatres in your town, be prepared
for the exodus. the beginning is going to be slow. but hold your horses
because you are going to get swamped.

73...bruce

Houston, Texas                                or: kk5do@houston.rr.com
AMSAT Area Coordinator
Houston AMSAT Net - Tuesday, 8PM CDT on TVRONet GE-4, T16 Upper, 5.8Mhz