Motorola MC13135 Receiver IC

Hello,

I am wondering if anybody has had any experience with the Ramsey 2m Kit with the
Motorola MC13135 in the receiver. It SAYS that it has a 50KHz bandwidth, or
bandwidth to support a 4.8K data stream. I am wondering if anybody has used this
"rig" for 38k4 data streams? (With appropriate Transverter for 437.025MHz)

Sorry to ask but it would just seem 'feasable' that it MIGHT work, if it did, it would
save money, because then I wouldnt need to buy a Symtek IFD board.