tnx qso on ao-10, de du1ev

dear fellow hams,

first of all, let me thank all those who waited for my signal.

on 20 april, i could not hear my signal on the bird.

on 21 april, i still could not hear my signal.  the bird was into the sun
for only around an hour so i guess, the power had not kicked in.

on 22 april, it was much better, the bird had been into the sun for more
than an hour.  i could hear my signal very faintly.  i heard a station
calling me on cw, but the tone was wobbly.  i did respond on voice but i
couldn't make the callsign properly.  turned out to be len (w7mcu).

on 23 april, easter sunday, finally, ao-10 is also ressurected.
could hear my signal very well on the downlink at around 420 z, or thirty
minutes before my scheduled qso.  called cq on voice at around 145.89 and
w7mcu responded on cw.  i responded on voice.  the same quality of tone
(wobbly) was noted.

told len that i was also going to switch to cw.  was able to give him a
519.

len shifted to ssb and i  shifted back to ssb.  gave him a 51 on ssb.

it was very noisy locally.  there were local stations on fm transmitting
on 145.90 and 145.88.  a horrible place to be indeed.  it was much clearer
on 145.85 but i figured, there will be less people watching out on that
frequency.  so i just had to grin and bear it.

again, thank you for those who waited.  i am looking forward to the next
window.  may it be more favorable, sun wise, and less qrm at my end.

can't wait for phase 3d.

all the best.
eddie

EDUARDO VICTOR J. VALDEZ, ESQ.   (EDDIE)

P.O. BOX 169
U.P. DILIMAN POST OFFICE
1144 QUEZON CITY
PHILIPPINES

DU1EV
N1WLV

telphone: + 63. 917. 906. 89. 85

grid locator: PK04mo   IOTA OC-042  CQ ZONE 27

"EVER TO EXCEL."