Pre-amp?

I need some advise from all you digi-sat users. I am about to go online with
my station, I am using a Kw TS-790a to a 70cm eggbeater downlink and a 2m
ringo ranger uplink antenna's. The downlink antenna will be mounted on one
end of the roof and the 2m antenna will be on the other end about 70 ft
away.  Both antenna's will have about  50 ft of coax to the rig, rg-8 to the
2m and 9913 for the 70cm.  The question that I have is, will I need a 70cm
preamp to get good results on the 9k6 digi-sats?  Which digi-sat should I
start with?   Tnc is a paccom and computer is a laptop runing wisp.   Later
I would like to link the local terrestrial packet network, what is required
to set this up (satgate?).
Jim KI0BK