Re: coax seal

Hi, Bill.  I haven't ever had that problem (compressing coax by
overstreching the tape) in over 40 years of doing it that way,
nor have I ever heard of it happening to anyone I know.  I'm
not arguing with you, I just never had the problem.  Scotch 130C
is a very soft tape, and takes very little force to stretch it
to the recommended half width.  On a "hard" tape like 33 or 33+,
you MUST stretch it, at least a moderate amount, or it will not
conform to an irregular surface.  Unstreched tape leaves wrinkles,
and water or other contaminants can get under it.   Scotch Coat
might seal up the holes from wrinkled tape and give you a good
seal, but I've never seen the need for it if the tape is properly
applied in the first place.   By the way, a neat trick on a cold
day at the top of a tall tower is to carry your roll of tape under
your armpit, under your coat or jacket.  Your body heat will keep
the roll of tape soft and easy to work with.   73  John  W5EME