Re: Ft-736 power supply

Doug Dietz <ddietz@freeway.net wrote:

>The power supply on my 736 has quit...

When the power supply packed up in the 736 I was using
at school (near-misses in lightning storms will do
that :-) I made some inquiries and learned that 736 power
supplies are notoriously fragile. They are also
expensive to replace. So I rewired the radio for
external 12 volt power. Worked like a charm!

Laura Halliday VA3LDH/7    "Que les nuages soient notre
Grid: CN89mg                    pied a terre..."
                                   - Hospital/Shafte