RS-15 Looking back

Greetings to the BB,

I was delighted to see some new and interesting info posted recently
concerning RS-15.  On my last attempt at using this bird I was quite
discouraged but with Mark's explanation of the erratic behavior we can
expect I now know that a single attempt wasn't much of a test.  While
this bird was in it's "prime" and that was never great but it was a very
usable bird and I personally had many 15 to 20 minute QSOs on it.   Dave,
G4CUO and I had hundreds of solid but short contacts and often we'd do it
on several consecutive passes.  I believe that my best low elevation QSO
would have to have been with George, I4KDR in JN54kp.  I'm in DN81kq and
it would appear that's quite a last second, under the wire contact.  I do
have a QSL to confirm this contact so it wasn't a figment of my
imagination.

I hope that Mark's postings will spark some new interest in reviving
RS-15.  It was always a challange and now that it's behavior is so
unpredictable it will be even more so.  I will make every attempt to be
on whenever my salt mine sked will permit and I hope to make some new
friends on this bird.

Thanks for the bandwidth.  73 to all.  Frank, K0BLT