Re: coax seal

I agree- very good tips.  You also may want to consider using Scotch
130C
self-sealing tape in the first few layers.  This tape, when streched
tightly, fuses to the layers underneath and makes an almost perfectly
sealed covering.  The technique is to stretch the tape to about half
its' original width when taping, and overlaying the new turn over
about half of the previous turn.  This is called "half-lapping".
The 130C should be covered with an overwrap of tightly-streched
Scotch 33, 33+, or 88 tape.  Relax the tension on the last few
turns, to eliminate the tendancy to unravel.  You can get any of
the 3M tapes at any electrical wholesale house.
  John  W5EME