RE: measuring tape antenna on board satellite

>From my understanding, this is a very common material for antenna use.
IIRC, AO-5 also used measuring tape (complete with inch graduations!) for
its antennas.

And as an aside, I think the tape was made by a company called Stanley, a
well known company here  (Just had to throw that one in :) ).

Tony Langdon.
Systems Development and Support.