ISS Packet Radio Connection Opportunity

AMSAT-DC Subscribers:

I wanted to alert each of you of a very exciting, limited opportunity to
experience the ISS ham radio station a few months before it reaches
orbit.  Right now one of the ISS ham radio training sets are operating
on-top of building 11 at the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt,
Maryland.  This training set ultimately will be sent to the Gagarian
Cosmonaut Training Complex in Star City Russia to support cosmonaut and
astronaut training.  Current plans are to ship this unit on Thursday, so
time is limited.

We will be testing the 2 meter equipment for the next 15 hours (until
around 1 pm EDT on Wednesday).  You are welcome to connect up to the ISS
equipment, digipeat through it (including APRS), and use the bbs.

We are operating on the following freqs:

145.80 "downlink"
144.49 "uplink"

The station is using the callsign, W5RRR.

I plan to switch over to 70 cm tomorrow.  We will be operating within the
oscar sub-band for this (around 436 MHz) so some 70 cm radios will not be
able to support this.

If you have the opportunity to work the station, please send me an e-mail
with your location.  I hope to compile these and send the compiled list out
later.

Thanks and enjoy.

73,  Frank Bauer, KA3HDO
AMSAT-NA V.P. for Human Spaceflight Programs