RE: WISP: TX Delay and TX Tail

Ricardo (and BB),

I thought I would share this with the BB since I keep getting email from
individuals with very similar questions.

The modifications that I made to my 736r where those included in the
documentation made available as part of the ZFD/IFD from Symek. You can
check out there website at:

http://www.symek.com/sat/main.htm

Although I still can't reliably "turn on" UO-36, when someone else does
(usually Roy, w0sl) or I am lucky enough to do so myself, the 38.4K downlink
is impressive - it's FAST and reliable.

As far as the ZFD/IFD available from Symek for 9600 and 38.4K, I must say,
installation is fairly simple, with the 38.4K IFD installation being just a
bit more difficult than the 9600 ZFD. BTW: the only "tip" I have is to
locate the 38.4K in a place where the included coax can reach (after being
cut in half) otherwise you will need more than what it comes with.  The
whole installation took about 30 minutes for the 9600 ZFD and 1 hour for the
38.4K. The documentation is clear.

I am also using the Symek TNC3S which also works flawlessly:

http://www.symek.com/tnc-g/tnc3.htm

And for rig control and rotator control, I use UNI_TRAC. This allows me to
run the whole thing under NT with different rigs for TX and RX - much more
powerful than the KCT&T:

http://www.qsl.net/zl2amd/

thanks,

Joe