Re: Chimney mount antenna mast

Hey Rich
I wouldn't do it...
That is a bad choice.
THat back and forth motion will disassemble the fire place. Causing expence
repairs
I'd buy a cheap radio shack tripod. And mount it on the roof. Being sure to
reinforce
the plywood with 2X4 cut tight between the rafters and using long bolts.
Silicon under the mounting brackets before tighting down.
A satellite antenna will have a long boom anding to the leverage and twisting
motion.
A fire place while haveing vertial strength has very small side to side
strength

Rick

KB0VBZ Rick in Dm79op
On aprs and amateur radio satellites uo-22,ko-23,ko-25,t0-31, decode sstv and
weather pictures as my hobbie. In construction, rough frame new houses.

E-mail can be sent to my mobile phone (110 characters max)
using this e-mail address
3035702419@mobile.att.net