EIP 545B Frequency Counter

Hi guys,
             I'm trying to establish the Option state of a second user
EIP 545B Frequency Counter currently on offer from a dealer in UK.
A ham colleague over there is doing his best to look after me but
we don't seem to be able to establish whether or not the unit has
an ovened timebase and the dealer declares himself unable to
"confirm or deny" - opening up the unit would affect the calibration
status.
I have approached the manufacturer (recently changed) with Serial
Numbers etc.(twice) but they have either not received my emails or
are not particularly interested - or have lost the records!   A 'sorry
we cant help" would be nice though!!
Has anyone access to one of these or has used one?   It occurs to
me that there may be an "oven energised" indicator or something
visible that would indicate that an oven was in place that my
colleague could use to confirm it one way or another.
It aint cheap - and I want to be sure!
Thanks
Fred Kennedy
ZL1BYP