From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org]On
Behalf Of Frank Grossman
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2000 23:53
To: AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org
Subject: [amsat-bb] How often do I need to update Keps for STSORBITPLUS?

I make most of my satellite contacts on the "FM birds" using a five watt HT
and 19 in. "rat tail," with tracking information from STSPLUS.  Under these
conditions how often do I need to download updated kep files for adequate
orbital predictions?

The most important thing is to identify the overhead, or nearly overhead,
passes since these are the ones I have the best chance of working on the HT.

BTW, I've at least heard myself on most of the direct overhead passes I've
attempted on UO-14, and on a few occasions made several contacts in a row
before being clobbered by stations with "real" antennas.

Thanks!
Frank