Re: AO-10 Very much alive

Joe Dreifuss wrote:

> Greetings:
>  Worked FG5GI Allen this morning, He was using a
> VERTICAL  Antenna. Signals were 5/5.
>  Also worked EA8BHH and KP3A.

That's for sure!  In the past week, I've picked up Hong Kong, Tokyo,
Mexico City, and a bunch of stations in northern Mexico, Canada and the
U.S.A.  A few minutes ago I was copying both the beacon and W6SFE (on
SSB no less) with the satellite over 32,000 KM out.  I have never been
able to copy SSB signals that far out before!  Before I left for dinner,
I had several SSB conversations with the satellite around 18,000 KM away
that were solid armchair copy.  BTW, all these were without even turning
on the pre-amp!
It's not quite as busy as the FM birds, but sure a bunch of
conversations going on.

73