RE: Some Help ?

Try the usual softwarer repositires, such as:

http://www.winfiles.com
http://www.tucows.com
http://www.download.com

just to name a few.

There's a couple of titles worth looking out for (some with caveats).

Cool Edit 2000 - Lots of features and also has the ability to schedule
recordings.  However, the scheduler is non Y2K compliant and doesn't
recognise daylight saving time(!).  It does work if you set the year to 1900
and during summer time, set the record time an hour before the actual time.

Total Recorder - Haven't yet played with this, but it apparently has some
powerful scheduling options.  Also has the unique ability to record audio
from other packages (e.g. Real Audio) via a dummy sound card driver.  Well
worth a loook and quite cheal ($10 US, IIRC).

I've highlighted software with scheduling capabilities, as this ability is
useful when recording LEO passes.  Just set the thing and forget.  Perfect
for catching SO-35 passes when you're out of the shack (other birds require
computer control of the Rx frequenccy as well :) ).

If you're recording off air, I'd strongly recommend using a direct
connection (i.e. hardwired speaker/aux output to soundcard).  This will give
much better results.  If you do need mic audio (e.g. for recording simplex
QSOs, you can run a separate mic for your audio onto the soundcard...

Tony Langdon.
Systems Development and Support.