Re: SEC: UNCLASSIFIED - RE: the GOOD OIL [info]

----- Original Message -----
From: Ellis, Peter <Peter.Ellis@cbr.defence.gov.au>
To: 'Phil Caldwell' <N2ARB@mindspring.com>; 'amsat-bb@amsat.org'
<amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: 11 April 2000 05:03
Subject: [amsat-bb] SEC: UNCLASSIFIED - RE: the GOOD OIL [info]

> The Dictionary of Australian Colloquialisms says,
>

> oil rag, to live/run on the small of an...
> Metaphor for the ability to survive on minimum food or income [listed as a
> Irish expression... (1910)]

I don't know about Irish expression, but "oily rag" is a London cockney
expression for cigarette,
oily rag = fag.   I also know that "fag" means something completely
different over the other side
of the pond.
So "rolling a fag" brings a whole new meaning to life in some parts of the
world !!

Tony  EI2FSB.