Help with Trakbox

     I am just building my Trakbox unit, after purchasing a returned one
from TAPR earlier this year. Everything up to this point has been
completed flawlessly, the board works, switches etc. are in operation
and installed. The LCD display has proved to be a problem, though. It
simply won't display. After some troubleshooting and discussing this
with a friend who built a Trakbox a few years ago we reached the
conclusion that I may have old instructions (11/25/94 rev. 6) or old
schematics, etc. (from 8/27/93 rev. B) and a newer LCD display.
Therefore my connectors may be assembled incorrectly. Did anyone else
have this kind of problem? Do you know if a newer LCD panel (w/o
backlighting) may require a different connection procedure?
         Thanks for your help,
         KB9RCA, Eric Pearson