3DA0 trip

a good friend of mine here in houston is going to take a vacation to swaziland from june 30 to july 11. he will operate satellite if i can get him the equipment to take. he would need an all mode vhf/uhf radio, some coax and an arrow antenna. (i think that would work on ao-10 as it did for clipperton people). there are no passes stateside for any leos from there so it would have to be ao-10.

anyone have any suggestions? he will have all the hf rigs in the world where he is going but no vhf/uhf. he may also operate for 4 or 5 days from ZS.

thanks...bruce

Bruce,
We leave for South Africa on June 30. Arrive in JoBurg on Sunday July 1 Arrive in Swaziland around noon on July 5. Will leave around noon on 7 July. I have sent a email to ZS6WPX Andre who is putting the trip together about getting on I think it would be great we can put ZS on also as we do not leave to come home untill July 11. My daughter is KA2UCA and will be 3DA0EW.

Frosty K5LBU/3DA0CF

Houston, Texas                                or: kk5do@houston.rr.com
AMSAT Area Coordinator
Houston AMSAT Net - Tuesday, 8PM CDT on TVRONet GE-4, T16 Upper, 5.8Mhz