From: Richard Murnane VK2SKY [mailto:richardm@zeta.org.au]
Sent: Thursday, 6 April 2000 15:20
To: AmateurRadioPR@egroups.com
Subject: [AmateurRadioPR] FedSat frequencies (breathe easy)

Hi all,

Just had another email from Jeff Kingwell at CRCSS.

Breathe easy - FedSat will not be using the Amateur bands after all.

Brief extract from Jeff's email:

> It is clear that we have some fences to mend, as I think there
> has been quite a bit of cross-talk in communications. I suspect
> this is largely due to my misuse of the term "ham radio" in
> response to questions from journalists about how people can hear
> their "SpaceGrams" message. What I meant to convey was that one
> would need some very sophisticated equipment - as opposed to a
> household  or citizen's band radio - to be able to receive
> any signal from FedSat. I did NOT mean to imply that FedSat would
> be broadcasting in bands reserved for amateur radio use.  We have
> devoted a great deal of effort and expense at the Centre to ensure
> that FedSat will comply with relevant international and national
> rules regarding radio transmissions.
> For information, our downlinks are at 400.4 MHz, 2205.00 MHz,
> and 20.13 GHz.

Tony, would you pass this onto the AMSAT list(s); I'll copy to the
WICEN list.

Everyone else, if you see this being discussed elsewhere, please copy
this info so people don't go off on the wrong track.

73 Richard VK2SKY

GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds!  Get rates as low as 2.9%
Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR and no hidden fees.  Apply NOW!

Send list submissions to AmateurRadioPR@onelist.com

To contact the list manager, email AmateurRadioPR-owner@onelist.com

AmateurRadioPR archives can be found at

Have your say in the current AmateurRadioPR survey at

Check out the sample PR material at the Wireless Institute of Australia PR
at www.wia.org.au/PR/