Re: Another Swatch

Thanks to Richard for spotting this.  One word of caution, though.  Before
we "go get 'em," let's make sure that the frequencies they're going to use
are actually in the ham bands.  Given the quote "sent into orbit above
mainland Australia," the technical literacy of the author is highly suspect.

Remember, in consumer publications, "ham radio" can be incorrectly used as a
synonym for scanner, CB, shortwave, family radio, radio controlled toys, and
heaven knows what else.  It's also possible that the frequencies are not in
the ham bands but readily available on an extended-receive Ham handheld
transceiver. If we start a massive email campaign when it turns out the
frequencies are perfectly legal, we'll look very foolish.

On the other hand, if it turns out they are using ham frequencies, let me at
'em, too!  :-)

--Peter, KD7MW