Amazon Expedition

During the later part of August, myself and seven others will be
visiting the Mayaruna (aka "Cat People") on the Yavari River in Eastern
Peru. Because of their remote location, these people rarely see visitors
and thus, this will be quite an experience.

As with all of my adventures, amateur radio will be a part of the
expedition. While I am not planning to operate any amateur satellites
this trip, I will be operating a 20/15m HF station. I am posting to this
SIG to help spread the word  to any school based amateur radio clubs
that would like to speak to us while with the Mayaruna people. This
could prove be a very interesting exchange for students.

On past trips we have posted daily reports to school groups and
interested parties via satphone/internet;  however there is nothing
quite like a real conversation with someone in a faraway place. For that
reason I would like to try contacts via amateur radio with interested
school groups. If you have a group that would like to participate,
please have them contact me for more details.

73
Jon R. Haskell,
Rivers of the World, Trustee
W8JON