Re: GPS based frequency standard

At 04:32 PM 4/5/2000 +1200, you wrote:

 >Could anyone point me towards an article detailing the construction of
a10 >Mhz frequency standard for the shack that makes use of the GPS. A kit
or >conversion details for a reasonably priced commercial GPS unit would
also >fill the bill of course. HP produce just the item but I'm afraid to
ask the >price!

 >73
 >Fred Kennedy
 >ZL1BYP

Fred:

A previous post has referenced the July 1998 QST article.

I would point out that a later issue had a minor correction. R5 and R6 are
labeled wrong on the schematic. 5 should be 6 and vice versa.

Also as you search for the article I would point out that it has
information on purchasing a printed circuit board and a programmed PIC
processor so it is one of those fairly easy to duplicate projects.

You have to have a certain type of GPS receiver that provides a 1pps timing
pulse. The article has specific information.

ron w8gus.