Re: Re: [aprssig] Re: Going DIGITAL!

Tim Salo wrote:

> In my mythical world, the Web servers would be embedded in the TNCs and
> rigs.  Computers running browsers could connect to the rigs and TNCs
> via any medium that can transport IP packets: the Internet, an
> Ethernet hub, or an RS-232 cable.  (Just to be perfectly clear, during
> an emergency you would be likely to connect a collocated PC and rig/TNC
> using local media, such as a cable or a LAN.)

People have run TCP/IP via terrestrial packet using TNCs in KISS mode for a
long time.  Doesn't seem that it would require much more than a software
driver in any PC to enable what you have in mind.  Why build hardware into the
TNC?
--
Mark D. Johns, Cedar Falls, Iowa -- K0MDJ (EN32sm)
              http://pages.cfu.net/~mjohns/index.html