RE: Finally Got it together...

I would even advise to buy a preamp and use a omni antenna like the
eggbeater II and than save for a directional antenna and elevation rotor

I say this because the uplink for the fm birts is no real problem but the
coax loss for the downlink can be "killing" the fun and an omni antenna
give's the operator the time to learn the art of dopler correction without
having to keep pointing at the bird.

mind you that i have not yet gone very far beyond the fm birds so i might be
saying things that are complete bullsh*t but at least it is the way i see
it.

73 de Andre PE1RDW
aprsdigi co-ordinator Netherlands
member aprs workgroup Netherlands