Re: Finally Got it together...

on 4/4/00 6:28 AM, MarkG at markg@pptnet.com wrote:

> Polarization switching is nice to have, yes, but certainly not required. I
> pryed open the wallet and bought a pair of M-squared antennas and at the
> price, switching had to wait as they don't come with it. If it makes a
> difference, I haven't noticed except on AO-10 and even then it's not the
> difference between readable and unreadable.

Interesting how people's experiences differ.  Good for you that it doesn't
make a difference for you on AO-10.  Perhaps your lattitude doesn't suffer
like mine does.  I have seen the polarization switching make a distinct
difference between hearing stations and not hearing them.  Or even with
getting into the bird on the uplink.

Also, if you want to add switching to your M2s why not just mimmick the
design in the KLM models except to add a better quality switch?

73,

Jon
KE9NA

Jon Ogden