RE: Finally Got it together...

Polarization switching is nice to have, yes, but certainly not required. I
pryed open the wallet and bought a pair of M-squared antennas and at the
price, switching had to wait as they don't come with it. If it makes a
difference, I haven't noticed except on AO-10 and even then it's not the
difference between readable and unreadable. Prior to that, I was using a
pair of plain old linear Cushcraft yagis with great success so really,
circular polarization isn't a requirement let alone the direction of the
signal. I only mention this because the question was "is it really that
hard?" and the answer is a very definate no. In my opinion, you pay for ease
of use. Some people use a bare bones station that costs relatively little
but requires the operator to do ten things at once. Other people operate
through stations that require an operator only because it's the law. I
suspect most people, however, find a happy medium by upgrading parts of
their station until they're comfortable with both cost and the ease of
operation. Ever check out an EME station and then watch it in operation?
That's when you have to start really questioning your dedication to the
hobby. <g>

By the way, when I talked to the M2'd people about a polarization switch,
they told me that others sell them and to look around on the net. I have and
I have not found *anything*. If you have any leads, please let me know. I
want that to be my next step before pre-amps.

73...Mark