Re: AO-10 VERY ACTIVE

Hello Asdrubal.

02 Apr 00 01:03, you wrote to All:

 AL> @   charset="iso-8859-1"
 AL> GREETINGS JUST TO LET YOU GUYS KNOW THAT AO-10 HAS BEEN WORKING VERY
 AL> WELL LATELY.  I DO NOT HEAR HARDLY ANY ACTIVITY FROM THE CONTINENTAL
 AL> .U.S.  MANY EUROPEAN STATIONS WITH TREMENDOUS SIGNALS.  I AM UPLINKING
 AL> WITH 50 WATTS AND A 9 TURN HELICAL AND CAN HEAR MY CW SIGNAL AT 40,000
 AL> KMS, AND I DONT EVEN HAVE AN ELEVATION ROTOR.
 AL>
 AL> WELL JUST WANTED TO SHARE THAT.  73'S   KP3A

I just received a report from a local ham who thought he heard one of the RS
birds on 2m.  Reading the report, it looks like he may have heard AO-10
instead, which seems possible from a quick "retro" prediction I just ran.

His antenna was a 1/4 wave groundplane, which suggests AO-10 is indeed working
well these days.

Tony

.. Ignorance is temporary. Stupidity is forever...