Re: telescope drives

At 20:33 01-04-00 -0800, jamie wrote:
>Hi John,
>Is there anyway to hook this up to a MEADE telescope with motor drives to
>visually see the satellites?  Perhaps there is other software too!?  Thanks for
>your time,

Hi Jamie,

You may like to try the 'SeeSat' list for matters relating to telescope
drives. I have not subscribed for some time but I recall a lively discussion
regarding software for telescope drives when applied to visually observing
satellites in orbit. It was around the time of the first Shuttle rendezvous
with MIR and lots of people were following the event optically.

You can subscribe to the list in the usual way by sending a message with
subscribe in the subject field to:

SeeSat-L-request@lists.satellite.eu.org

They also maintain a web site at:

http://www2.satellite.eu.org/sat/satinfo/html