early Yaesu FT-847 problems

Many thanks to Richard ... Anthony ... Alan and John for your replies.
I will pass them on to my friend Bob.
It appears that in a further late development just yesterday afternoon
he was contacted by the national distributer here in VK and they will be
sending him an upgrade kit within a week or two. They have to get it
from Japan.

Thanks again for your thoughts. I'll post the results when I hear something.

Regards to all,