MSPE 2.00i

Hi Fellows,

Chris has asked me to upload a new MSPE 2.00i module for WiSP32.  This
version is designed to work with UO-36.  UO-36 has a power budget problem
and will turn itself off when not required.  This version of MSPE will
send a turn on request which will turn on the downlink when it is received
by UO-36.  Once turned on, UO-36 will transmit for approximately 15 minutes
before turning off again.  This is usually enough time to download between
one and two megabytes of data at 38,400bps.  The uplink is at 9600bps.  The
April 2000 QST magazine has a fine article on UO-36 written by Stacey E.
Mills, W4SM.

The turn on feature is automatic.  WiSP will transmit the turn on request
approximately every 45 seconds during a pass until UO-36 comes on the air.
Sometimes it will not come on due to a software override in the satellite
because of low power conditions.  This usually will occur at night, but
sometimes happens during the day also.

You must edit the Windows 95/98 Registry  to activate the turn on feature.
Please do not activate this feature unless you are equipped to copy the
38400bps downlink of UO-36.

The Registry editing procedure is as follows:

1.  From the Start button select Run, enter REGEDIT and click OK.

2.  Highlight My Computer and backup your Registry by selecting REGISTRY,
    EXPORT REGISTRY FILE.  Name this export file and save it where you can
    get to it again in the event you do something to your Registry.  If
    you do not feel comfortable doing this, stop now and forget it until
    you can find someone who can do it for you.  If you mess up your
    Registry we will not have the pleasure of seeing you on the satellites
    for a while.

3.  Go to My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WiSP\Satellites\UO-36

4.  Highlight the UO-36 Key Word in the left pane of the window.

5.  In the top menu, click EDIT, NEW, DWORD VALUE.

6.  The name of the new DWORD VALUE should be changed to "Tx Request"
    without the quotes.

7.  Now with Tx Request highlighted, from the top menu select EDIT, MODIFY
    and enter a value of one (1) in the value entry space.  Entering a zero
    again will turn off the automatic turn on feature.

8.  Close the Registry Editor.

Now every time MSPE opens with UO-36, it will automatically request UO-36
to turn on.

This version will be posted on the AMSAT WiSP ftp site and on UO-22 and
KO-25 as MSPE200i.zip.  Let me know if you have any questions.

73,
Roy -- W0SL