RE: RS12/13

 Tony Langdon writes:

> Up until now, I have used a CB whip, with mixed results (OK for CW, SSB gets
> a bit rough).  The uplink antenna is a 2m vertical.

I have an old book with lots of suggestions for invisible antennas and one
trick comes to mind. Put up a pole with a small cap or ball on the top, paint
it white and its then a flagpole (that radiates). Don't forget to fly a flag
on it occasionally. Lots of suggestions too for antennas that disappear when
not in use.

Not sure if the book is still available, its: Wire Antennas by W6SAI in 1972.
No ISBN number but Library of Congress Catalog Card number 76-190590

73
Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
g3rwl@amsat.org
FOC # 1188