Re: RS12/13

I have had wonderful luck with a ten meter Turnstile / Inverted Vee antenna.

1. An 8 to 10 foot section of PVC pipe.

2. 2 ten meter dipoles

3. A 1/4 wavelength of RG-59.

4. 4 Bricks or tent pegs.

5. 24'  of nylon rope.

Feed the dipoles for circular polarization using the RG-59.  Attach their
centers to the top of the pole.  Tie about 6 feet of rope to each dipole
end.  Lay them out in an X pattern securing the ends of the dipoles(ropes)
with the bricks or tent pegs.  If you don't have the room, shorten the
ropes.    This antenna actually works better when close to the ground (based
on experience not analysis).

73,
Joe
ka0yos@amsat.org