Re: problems with early Yaesu FT-847 ?

I remember some CAT problems. I was told that they had been solved with
version 06, which is when I got mine.  I am not at home now, but I think if
you look at the model or serial number you will find a number like 05, 06,
or 07. This may be useful to know when and if you speak with other folks.
Hope this is a little help.

At 09:43 AM 3/31/00 +1000, William B Magnusson wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>Thanks for reading this post.
>
>I wonder if anyone out there in satellite-land is aware of any problems
>with the very early model FT-847 radios. Particularly CPU and serial port
>related.
>
>I have a friend who has one and he has come by some information which
>indicates that some mods were made early in the production run of these
>radios. Turns out the set he purchased [new] was actually from a production
>run some 18 months old! and may well fall into the category mentioned above.
>
>We have been chasing some fiddly little problems trying to set up for
>automatic operation on the digital satellites and the above may explain some
>of these. We seem to have exhausted all other avenues.
>
>Any help will be appreciated regarding mods or updates to these early model
>FT-847s.
>
>Thank you.
>
>Bill...vk3jt
>
>cc. uo-22, ko-23, ko-25