Re: Re: WX Satellite Down Converter

Jumping past this article, there is a hobby group in Great Britain called
RIG
(Remote Imaging Group) that is primarily interested in WxSats.  They have
hardware for sale, some in kit form, some prebuilt for both the polar and
geosynchronous WxSats.  You have to be a member to buy hardware, but the
prices are extemely favorable compared to other options such as commercial
hardware or scrounging parts to do one's own.

A new RIG/Timestep active feed and downconverter were introduced a few
months ago, which is useful on GEOS (and Meteosat in Europe).  You can
briefly read about them on the following URL.

http://www.rig.org.uk/Members/Shop/shop.html

Those who have purchased them seem to be very happy with the results.  I am
using a RIG RX2 kit for the polar WxSats.  Works fine.

Mike
K4HN
VE ARRL & W5YI
Check out the homepage at http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/5897/