RE: problems with early Yaesu FT-847 ?

Bill,

18 months would be about when I got mine.  So far, no problems.  I have used
WISP, STATION, and run 9600 baud with some quick tests on 1200 baud.
Probably the main changes were to allow the CAT line to send radio status
information as well as receive it.  Also some possible changes in signal
levels.  That seems to be region dependent.  In the States the radios can be
updated to the latest configuration while in warranty.

Go to www.en.com/users/rayd/ft-847/index.html which is the unofficial FT-847
users' group site.  Excellent FAQ, and a lot of people who have tried all
kinds of applications.  You might report more exactly the problems you have
encountered here as well.

Alan
WA4SCA