problems with early Yaesu FT-847 ?

Hello all,

Thanks for reading this post.

I wonder if anyone out there in satellite-land is aware of any problems
with the very early model FT-847 radios. Particularly CPU and serial port
related.

I have a friend who has one and he has come by some information which
indicates that some mods were made early in the production run of these
radios. Turns out the set he purchased [new] was actually from a production
run some 18 months old! and may well fall into the category mentioned above.

We have been chasing some fiddly little problems trying to set up for
automatic operation on the digital satellites and the above may explain some
of these. We seem to have exhausted all other avenues.

Any help will be appreciated regarding mods or updates to these early model
FT-847s.

Thank you.

Bill...vk3jt

cc. uo-22, ko-23, ko-25